Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Finally Sewing Again!

My little babylock has been in the shop for a few weeks and I have to say, I'm so happy to have her back! I hadn't turned her on in quite awhile because I had messed up the bobbin case, but now, with a newly serviced machine and a new bobbin case, she's sewing like a dream. While she was away, I did a little (okay, a lot) of cutting. I made myself promise not to purchase any new fabric until I used up what I have. And, as you know, promises are often broken, as was the case with me. Who can pass up some of these fabulous sales?


I finished this quilt top yesterday (with fabric from my "old" stash). Thank you Nanci for suggesting a couple strippy quilts to get my creative juices going again. It will measure about 42" x 54 when complete. Feels so good to be creating again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love to see my name in print! I'm glad you got going again!
    I also add borders to the strippies to make them wider for the kids who are getting so big!
    It's summer, so we don't do as much as we are lazing around and eating peaches with everything...at least I am!

    ReplyDelete